Sunday, July 5, 2009

Owl Spotlight: LucidMoonStudio

This is my first post, and I wasn't quite sure what I should blog about, but then I decided I would write about my dog, Cooper. Cooper is a Weimaraner, and he is 9 months old. He is such a good dog, so I decided he deserved some really good treats. I found a recipe in Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way by Mark Beckloff and Dan Dye, the owners of the Three Dog Bakery (Cooper's favorite store, by the way!).

You can check out the book and recipes on Amazon here. I decided to make Belly Rub Brownies because what dog wouldn't want these?! Here is the recipe:

Belly Rub Brownies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons carob powder (I bought
mine at the health food store)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup canola oil (I didn't
have any, so I used vegetable oil instead)
3/4 cup honey
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with nonstick vegetable spray. In a
large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and carob powder. In a
smaller bowl, whisk honey and oil together. Add eggs one at a time,
whisking after each. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine
well. Spread the batter into the baking dish. Bake the brownies for
20-25 minutes or until set. Let cool to room temperature, then cut
into squares.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or wrap
and freeze for up to 2 months.





Wet and dry ingredients

Ready for the oven! I tasted the batter, while
Cooper got to lick the spoon, and we both agreed it was yummy even
before baking!

Ready to eat!

Are those for me? Really? Is this a
joke??

I will do ANYTHING you
want...ANYTHING!!

Can I has just one more?
PLEASE!!

As you can see, Cooper really enjoyed his treats! I have to say, he never performs his tricks as well as when I am holding one of these brownies! If you have a dog, I hope you try
these yummy treats, and if you don't, surely there is a neighbor with a dog who would love these! Enjoy!!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails