Friday, September 12, 2008

Owls Stellar Seller, Zemphira



We Owls love sellers who love owls, and Zemphira falls into that catagory! She's got some precious owls in her fabric filled shop, some of which we're highlighting in this feature. Read the interview below to get to know her better, and visit her shop for more items like the ones pictured!

EO: Tell us and the Etsy world a bit about you, anything you'd like to share...

Zemphira: I am one of those people who have always been crafting. My mom had me doing arts and crafts things as long as I can remember - coloring, candle making, sewing, cooking, you name it. Then I really got into rubber stamping, beading, and now sewing. I lived in a very small Yupik eskimo village and I learned traditional beadwork and skin sewing. When I wasn't teaching I was beading. Now I have been reaquainted with my sewing machine, and I am sewing whenever I can. I enjoy making baby quilts as gifts for people, but I really love making art quilts and memory quilts.

EO: How did you end up on Etsy?

Zemphira: One day I was reading one of the crafty magazines and I saw an article about Etsy and I had to check it out. Whenever I make something for a friend or family member it's always "you should open a shop" or "you should sell those" So here I am on Etsy, with an open shop, trying to sell "those".

EO: What inspires you to create?
Zemphira: Everything inspires me - old photos, my family, nature, my travels, other cultures, fabric . . .

EO: Describe yourself in one word.
Zemphira: Impulsive

EO: What is your favorite...

  • dessert? Kahlua Cheesecake
  • cartoon from your childhood? the Snorkels
  • time of year and why? I love all seasons - OHIO is perfect for that - But I guess I'll pick Autumn, I always feel very inspired to create, bake, go outside, get ready for holidays....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails