Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stellar Seller: CraftyKathleen

This week's Stellar Seller is CraftyKathleen. She's one busy lady, read the interview to learn about her various shops and how she got there, and also check out her blog FussyGussy





Tell us and the Etsy world a bit about you, anything you'd like to share...

My name is Meagan, and I am the owner of not one but three Etsy shops: craftykathleen, fussygussy and paintedpretties I've been collecting fabric for many years now and decided about 2 years ago to give up the day job and go to work for myself. I sell super kitschy fabrics and notions, as well as handmade pot-holders, aprons, curtains, and other goodies. I received my BFA in Painting from the Rhode Island School of Design in 2001, and have been painting away ever since. I'm currently working on a series of portraits based on the idea of doppelgangers. Needless to say, I'm one very busy lady!!!

How did you meet Etsy? Was it love at first sight?
I was introduced to Etsy by a vendor at the SOWA Open Market in Boston (of which I am now an active participant). She liked the tote bag I was carrying and when I told her I'd made it, she said "Well...you HAVE to try out Etsy! It's the best!!!" And so it has been. I love Etsy and all that it has to offer.

How are you inspired to create?
I grew up in a creative household and have always been an aesthetically driven person. My father was a painter and my mother is (and always has been) very fashionable yet classic, both in her personal style and in the home. Basically, I can't help myself but be creative. It's in my bones, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Describe yourself in 1 word: Sincere.

Do you have a favorite:

word or saying?:
I love the French word "gateau". I love the sound of it, and what it means (cake!!!)

dessert: Dunkan Hines chocolate cupcakes with pink tinted vanilla frosting.

book and/or author?: I have TOO many, but here are a few: Wuthering Heights, The Master and Margarita, A Drowned Maiden's Hair, Dracula, Doctor Zhivago, most books/stories by Stephen King, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Daphne DuMaurier.

vacation spot?: Any seaside town.

Etsy seller?: Again, TOO many to name. I would, though, like to give kudos to my sister's shop simplydaisy, as she makes beautiful things and has been such a support to me. Thank you also to squarejane for nominating me!!!

1 comment:

J-Mi said...

I love the word gateau too! One of my favorite words is a Spanish word, enloquecida, which 'driven crazy'. LOL

It's just such a pretty word...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails