Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Stellar Seller: Belle and Boo

This week's Stellar Seller is Belle and Boo. She was nominated by CorkysCookies who bought some precious prints from her shop for her daughter's room! We contacted Mandy of Belle and Boo and requested she share her stellarness with the Etsy community. Here she is, enjoy!

Tell us and the Etsy world a bit about you, anything you'd like to share...

My name is Mandy, I live in North London with my partner Russ, who is an incredibly talented animator (& my tech support!) We own a lovely one bed garden flat & recently had a HUGE studio built in the garden. It takes me 8 seconds to get to work, so its a blessing I have to go the post office so often & interact with the outside world!
I run the business with my friend Kate, we make a great team, she is very business minded allowing me to be the flaky arty one !
I have a naughty expensive habit of buying a decaf latte from the Italian cafe almost everyday & I never miss an episode of the Archers.

How did you meet Etsy? Was it love at first sight?

I was first introduced to Etsy by a friend I was staying with in Sydney, she had recently opened a shop peepbags & had also bought a lot of really cool stuff.I was immediately hooked & started planning what I would sell. Once I had returned home to London, I spent a week sketching out ideas and in Nov 07 uploaded my first illustration 'Serenity Blue' I actually thought I had done it wrong as it quickly disappeared, after a frantic 20 mins or so I realised it had sold & that was he beginning of my Etsy story.

How did you get into making what you make?

I studied illustration at Leeds University & my final show was a collection of paintings of children. I went on the exhibit in small galleries, illustrated a number of children's books & worked a lot in the greetings card industry. The wonderful response to my etsy shop gave me the confidence to draw from my heart, I feel lucky everyday that this is my job.

Describe yourself in 1 word: nostalgic

Do you have a favorite:
word or saying? hug
color? red
book and/or author?Milly-Molly-Mandy
holiday?a long one !
Etsy seller? mrseliotbooks




2 comments:

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

ohhhh Thank you, thank you

Just Me said...

Oooh, I loooove this shop! Great feture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails