Thursday, April 30, 2009

Owl Spotlight: Suenosdejmi: Off to Hogwarts!

I recently found and joined the Harry Potter Knitting & Crocheting House Cup on Ravelry

For those of you who aren't familiar with Ravelry, it's a fantastic website all about yarn, and every way you can use it! It's for knitters, crocheters, spinners, dyers, and it's such an awesome community for anyone who giggles when they see yarn, like me (and there are other Owls who giggle too, I know you do!).

Since I joined Ravelry a while back, I haven't really explored many areas other than the yarn catagory (where I love to browse for my favorite yarns and work out purchases or trades). Last week someone on Twitter mentioned joining the HPKCHC, and i just had to check it out and see what they were talking about.

And here I am, getting ready to go to Hogwarts!

In the HPKCHC, you get sorted into a house (though we kind of got to choose, and it seems most people got what they picked), and then you join your housemates in competing for the House Cup. You select classes to attend, where you work on assignments and earn points for your house.

It's crazy mad fun and I'm really excited to be a part of it! I chose to be sorted into either Gryffindor or Slytherin, because I felt like I fit best in those two houses, but in the end decided I wanted to go with Slytherin first, and that's where I got sorted to today! If you know me it's really quite appropriate. :)

Between running my various Etsy shops and crocheting and keeping things going in this Owlie bunch, I'm sure I don't have anywhere near enough time for this, but I'm going to do it anyway because it's just too fun to resist! If you're interested in following my adventures at Hogwarts, check them out on my blog here.




The voice behind suenosdejmi is me, Jamie, team leader for the Owls team. In addition to running my main Etsy shop, I also share two other shops with some of my fellow Owls. In dreambirdphotos, I sell photography from the time I spent in Spain. In PiratesDreamofPearls, I sell destash yarn and other fun stash goodies. Other than the time I spend blogging for the Owls here, you can find me at http://suenosdejmi.blogspot.com/ and also on Twitter @jmilovesowls I'm also not good at talking about myself in 3rd person :) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails